Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. ~Mark Twain

9.11.12

At it again

Well I'm making a second post in two days. So far so good I guess. I don't really know what this is going to be about yet, but I guess that's part of the fun of writing sometimes. Like I said, flow exercise.

So we managed to get the episode finished and submitted to Machinima.com on time. Apparently they are asking for thumbnails and video info from us, so I'm taking that as a good sign as well. This festival represents a huge opportunity for us. How huge? Machinima's network (over a dozen youtube channels) has over 41 BILLION channel views. So even if you don't know much about the site, there are those out there that do. And they watch a lot of youtube videos. And they are our target audience.

In short, if selected for this festival, this episode will literally be seen by hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of eyeballs. And some of those eyeballs will belong to powerful people. People that are looking for content for their properties (whether on the web or television). People that are looking for creatives to hire. This episode could be the key to this series really taking off in a big way.

I'm trying to stay reserved with this and keep my expectations down. We don't know yet if we're going to be accepted for this festival or not. But we feel proud of the episode we managed to create here for this and we think it's representative of our best work. We've done all we can control and put our best foot forward. Now we wait. Hopefully we will have an answer in the next week or two. The festival itself is scheduled to start on the 30th of November so certainly we should know before that. And when I find out, you'll be the first to know, internet.

In other news, I went to my first comedy show last night. It was pretty awesome all things considered. We knew a comic who got us comped tickets at the door and we knew a server that not only got us around the two drink minimum requirement, but also got us free drinks and food! So yea, hard to beat free. And the comedy wasn't half bad either. Went to The Ice House in Pasadena, which was the first stand up comedy club in America! So big deal. Good place to start I guess. They have contracts on the wall from George Carlin and Steve Martin who used to perform there weekly back in the 60's or 70's. So much history. I think I got a lot of insight for my stand up pilot I've been writing.

Anyways, I think that's good enough for today. Don't want to blow my best stuff this early now, do I? Gotta build to it and all. But I'll be back here tomorrow if you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment